Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Runaway Weekend

 

 

St charles3

 

This past weekend we went to St Louis for a much needed getaway.

 

My life long, dearest friend lives there and we went to visit her and had a nice relaxing time.  She lives minutes from Old St Charles so we spent Saturday afternoon going in and out of shops.  Such a pretty place to visit!  We have been there a number of times but it is always fun.

 

 

 

St Charles4

 

 

 

I took a few pics of some of the shops.  It was a beautiful Fall day!

 

 

 

St Charles5

 

 

 

 

It was hard getting a photo without lots of cars and people in the way.

 

 

 

St charles8

Had to stop to say “Hi” to Daniel Boone!

 

 

 

 

St charles9

 

 

 

St Charles is on the Missouri River on the west side of St Louis.  It’s famous for Lewis and Clark Expedition.

 

 

St charles7

 

 

I had to run into this shop to see all the pretty colors of yarn!

 

 

 

 

St charles10

 

 

After walking around St Charles, we headed for Granite City Restaurant for a late lunch.  I had the Bruschetta Salad and Cheddar Ale soup…..delicious!

We also visited a fantastic antique mall in St Louis and I got a few little treasures for one of my Christmas trees.

 

It was nice to getaway and relax!

 

12 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DEAREST PATTI!

I had a wildly busy day, so I am very late in my visits, but I HAD NO IDEA that this region had such a quaint town! I was in St. Louis once, but the area seemed so BIG and spread out...this looks like the kind of town I love. AND THE SHOPS! So good to see you my dear. ENJOY YOURSELF! Anita

Pam said...

That looks like such a fun part of town. I was in St Louis years ago, but I was stuck at a downtown hotel with no car, so I basically only got to see the arch and the baseball stadium.

Blondie's Journal said...

Life long friends are the best! It looks like you both had a ball...what a neat town. We love to visit small historical towns, too. The shopping is so fun!

XO,
JAne

Lucille said...

It looks like a charming little town. Glad you were able to get away and enjoy some quiet time with your friend! It's always so refreshing to get out of the old daily routine.

Mereknits said...

I am so glad you got some special time away and with a good friend, what more could you ask for? I think I would have spent a great deal of time in that yarn store.
hugs to you Patti,
Meredith

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning, Patti! SO GOOD TO SEe YOUR COMMENT! THank you for the kind words. I hope your autumn is still magical! We are finally getting some rain this morning and it is so cozy! ENJOY! Anita

Ana said...

Hi Ms. Patti,
Sounds like you had an awsome time. Looks like a wonderful place to visit, so full of beauty and history. Hope you are doing well my friend.

Hugs and Kisses,
❤Ana

Chatelaine said...

Never been to St Louis but it looks like a nice place to visit. Love the umbrellas in the first shot and cheddar ale soup sounds interesting!

Custom Comforts said...

Looks like a great weekend Patti. I'm sure you needed the time away and I'm glad you had good weather. Always love to visit new shops and have a look around. If only I could just look and not buy.
Cindy

Jody and Stan said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Beautiful place to visit!
Hope the weather is good for you.

Jody

Debby said...

I have been there. My late cousin and I went there on a trip to see relatives. What a cute little town.
Glad you could get away.
Thanks for the nice comment......please guess.

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Patti...what a wwonderful visit you had and I love the umbrellas...
those kinds of visits with a best friend are so special...glad you could get away and enjoy,
such fun!
xo.